click here to make money

Saturday 22 February 2014

Widgets

A TAXI DRIVER IN NEW YORK, A CHIEF OVER 5 TOWNS IN GHANA


Like a real life version of the Hollywood classic – Coming to America – a Ghanaian taxi driver in New York is leading a double life as a tribal chief in his native country.
Mr Osei moved to America in 1977, and started driving yellow cabs in 1982. And just like the fictional Prince Akeem from the film, Mr Osei met the woman of his dreams, Elizabeth, who was also working as a cab driver in New York City
Together though, they worked hard and now own a taxi company in the US, but unknown to most people, Mr Osei and wife travel back and forth to Ghana so he can take care of his responsibilities 
This amazing double life for Isaac Osei began when he inherited a throne in Ghana after his brother died in 2006




‘I never thought I would become a chief, until my brother passed. After his death the family told me I had to succeed him.

As chief of his people, the Akwamu people, Mr Osei oversees five towns in Ghana – settling family and property disputes and acting as a judge for his people. But back in America, Mr Osei leads a less glamorous lifestyle – one without palaces and crowds of people following him everywhere.

Mr Osei had this to say about his double life:

I prefer to be in Ghana, people come to me and treat me with respect. When I’m here in New York, it’s a different thing. In Ghana, I don’t do anything practically. When I get into my car they open the door for me, I have my own palace, I have everything. When I come here it’s a different thing. Nobody knows 






VIDEO

SHARE THIS POST   

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Myspace
  • Google Buzz
  • Reddit
  • Stumnleupon
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Technorati
Designer: Emeka
Emeka Ekeocha is the designer of this blogger, I design blog for people. Ugochi is no exception, my close friend for good blogger template or website design Contact →

0 comments: