click here to make money

Wednesday 28 August 2013

Widgets

GABRIEL AMANYI (AKA TERRYG) INTERVIEW WITH BOLA TITO

Gabriel Amanyi, aka Terry Gzus, revealed in his interview with Adebola (Bola Tito) about the secret behind his new name, his book of ginger album and life as a father.







                                                                      THE  INTERVIEW
Adebola: Tell us about your new album?
Terry Gzus: The title of the album is "Book of Ginger" and it has to do with showing of the other side of my music career.and my personality. It talks more on my new person, my new identity.
Adebola: How many tracks are there in the album?
Terry G: I have 22 tracks recorded in the album which have pages, chapters and content which makes it a book.
Adebola: Why do you have so many tracks in the album?
Terry G: No, I had always been having this problem,it always comes when the complying of the tracks to make an album. I don't do song all in the name of releasing an album. I record almost everyday and when its time to release an album, I usually have the problems of selection i won't know the one to pick or drop and the people around also add to the problem because they also want their favourite song in the album, so not that i am purposely doing lot of tracks in an album, it is based on demand and choice.
Adebola: Has anyone complain that you have too much track in your album, making it boring for listening pleasure?
Terry G: Nobody has complained of that to me: What i like might not be your best so everybody has to pick their favourite track/s out of the list.
Adebola: You launched your album recently in Abuja with the "Book of Ginger" Concert.
Terry G:  Yes, the concert was a success with the support of my adopted "Area Father", Charley boy who joined with the street awareness, the reception and the crowd was amazing because we worked tirelessly during the publicity.
Adebola: What about the Lagos version of the Concert?
Terry G:  The "Book of Ginger" is coming soon to Lagos, i actually wanted to do it in Lagos but i was not opportune, the price of the location was outrageous. As planned it might be coming up in November at Eko Hotel or at the National Stadium, my management team is working on it.
Adebola: What is your relationship with Charley Boy?
Terry G : He is my father, i won't call him my boss. He has been supportive all the way, even before i became Terry G, In those days when i produced song for Timaya and 2Short, he used to fly me to Abuja in his house. He has been my dad and always will he be that is the reason i carry him along anything i am doing because of his fatherly advice.



Adebola: What is new with you?
Terry G: My kid is the new thing in me, Amanyi Rex, has given me new life and as a father i have a responsibility. Rex have helped me to focus and leave the negativity of life.
Adebola: Would you allow your kid to go into the type of your music?
Terry G: Yes, of course, but i would like to train him to be a footballer.
Adebola: Why footballer?
Terry G : Because i am supposed to be a footballer.
Adebola: What of if your kid refuse to be a footballer?
Terry G:  He will do music, even as he is growing, he will have growth ideas.
Adebola: What of if it was a female?
Terry G: I don't want a girl, i want a Terry G.
Adebola: Are you planing on marriage?
Terry G: Marriage will come when the time comes, marriage should not be rushed into.
Adebola; Where did you meet the mother of your baby?
Terry G: I met her in London at my first major performance, i met her through a friend, what actually happened was that she got amazed that i was Terry G.
Adebola: what happened to the female admirer?
Terry G: They still get in touch with me, Even if i get married i will still be in touch with them, there is no personal sentiment in that, music, marriage has nothing to do with my music and fans.
Adebola: What happened to the "House of Ginger"?
Terry G: It is a household name and a musical group i created which i personally deserted for a while though it never faded away. It was just for entertainment only and i wasn't capable of managing the group.
Adebola: You just changed your name from Terry G to Terry Gzus. - that caught many by surprise. Can you tell us the meaning of Terry Gzus.
Terry G: When i say Terry Gzus, i don't mean Jesus, I know the pronunciation is like "Jesus", but what i mean is "Terry-omo-Jesu". The other one is LUSIFA, I know people will get me wrong thinking am referring to Lucifer, What i mean is -"LOOK-IS FAR"- but people get me wrong.
Adebola: Are you trying to change the style of music, what are you trying to portray with the new set of names.
Terry G:  I am not changing the style of my music, i just want to spice it up a little, because i was not not accessible with the image i was portraying. People say "Terry G is crazy" so i decided to adjust so that they will know me better.
Adebola: Are you under threat due to the kind of music you do or will you be forced to change the style of your music.
Terry G:  I am a producer and as a producer i need to be versatile, you don't have to be stagnant, if  you don't spice a bit your listener get bored of your music. So i have to change with the heart beat of my listener.
Adebola: Terry G has been in the news for negative and terrible reasons, all of a sudden, Terry calm down, What made you calm down?
Terry G: I change for my kid, you know, if you have a kid you know you have to be responsible. And it helped me to scare lot of my negative friends.
Adebola: What are you working on?
Terry G: I am currently working on a tour to Europe, America, i prefer staying at home, doing my things at home.
Interview ends....


SHARE THIS POST   

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Myspace
  • Google Buzz
  • Reddit
  • Stumnleupon
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Technorati
Designer: Emeka
Emeka Ekeocha is the designer of this blogger, I design blog for people. Ugochi is no exception, my close friend for good blogger template or website design Contact →

0 comments: